Head lice products
Whether you choose combing or head lice products as a treatment, it is very important that you start the treatment as soon as possible, to avoid infesting others.
When you choose a head lice product, it is important that you follow the instructions for use carefully. Ask your local pharmacist or drugstore if you have any questions on ingredients, the efficacy of the product, usage, possible side effects or how well the product is tested in real life settings. When you buy head lice products, some products have lice combs included in the packing as a part of the treatment. It is important that you make sure it is a well documented lice comb, otherwise you will have to buy a lice comb with the correct measurements as well.
In the section How head lice products works you will learn more about the various contents of head lice products and how they work.
When treating with head lice products it is extremely important that you:
- Apply a sufficient quantity of the product
- Disperse it carefully on to all of the hair from root to tip
- Let it stay in the hair as long as the instructions prescribe
- Comb the hair with a head lice comb if the instructions direct
- Repeat the treatment if required (usually 7-10 days after)
- After the treatment check the hair carefully with a proper head lice comb to make sure you have treated correctly